The podcast from our March 28th show is up, featuring our interview with Rose McDowall, the former lead singer of “Strawberry Switchblade.” The conversation with Rose leads off the second hour, where we also showcase some of the best of Strawberry Switchblade and a piece from Sorrow, one of her later bands.
Rose remembers how some very sad chapters of her childhood were a huge influence on her music as an adult, and we discuss her music career from the early years through today, where she still shines in the UK Independent music scene.
Also, during the interview, we talk about:Professional stats for your podcast - Learn more here!
- The lightning-quick success of Strawberry Switchblade, and how they fell apart as fast as they came into the spotlight.
- The true meaning behind “Since Yesterday” and other Strawberry Switchblade songs.
- Rose’s songwriting philosophy and how sad times in her life had made her a better musician.
- How she found a home in the UK independent music circuit
- When we can expect Rose’s next album, which she is working on now.
Among the featured Strawberry Switchblade tracks are “Let Her Go” and the classic “Since Yesterday:”
Rose’s new material can be heard on her MySpace page. Be sure to check back with us to find out the latest on the project she’s currently working on.During the rest of the show, we also featured music from The Clash, Voice of the Beehive, The Cure, Blondie and Talk Talk.
About the Author: This is Chris Cordani, host of the "Revenge of the 80s" Radio Show 709pm Fridays (premeireing on March 14th on Q99.1FM). This blog and the show are here so we can relive the decade where New Wave, thin ties and cheap sunglasses were king. The show is also simulcast on wtbq.com.