Our 11/4 show podcast edit with Fred Schneider is up
Written by admin on November 5, 2011
The podcast edit for this week’s Revenge of the 80s Radio show is up and available at the bottom of this post. This week, Fred Schneider is our guest. While he and the B-52s remain together and continue to play all over the US, Fred started his own new band, The Superions, with Dan Marshall and Noah Brodie. Their latest release, “Batbaby“, is already a sensation. Our conversation leads off Hour 2 of the show, which also features two Superions tracks.
While most people know Schneider from his work with the B-52s, he has had an intriguing list of solo projects and collaborations, including the standout Fred Schneider and the Shake Society project in the mid-…80s. He is a gifted poet, performer and comedic talent, which makes him one the most dynamic people in the music industry. Schneider is also a humanitarian, who does a large amount of charity work, and is very involved with Canine Companions for Independence (www.CCI.org).
During our conversation, we discuss:
- Fred’s early inspirations
- How the B-52s met
- His various solo endeavors and collaborative works
- His special blend of doggie cookies, Fred’s Dog Stars (proceeds go to Canine Companions International)
- Fred’s thoughts on performing and the radio industry
- Whether Tom Tucker of “Family Guy” did a decent impersonation of him or not.
- And – The Superions.
We also play classic tracks from Aneka, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, INXS, The Hoodoo Gurus and more.