Our 8/30 show with Richard James Burgess podcast/syndication edit is up
Written by admin on August 31, 2013
The podcast/syndication edit for this week’s Revenge of the 80s Radio show is up and available at the bototm of this post. This week, Profucer, Drummer, Inventor, Author adn Professor Richard James Burgess is our guest. Burgess is the man who started the New Romantic movement (as well as coined the phrase “New Romantic”). He has performed with and produced a wide variety of artists including King, Spandau Ballet, Colonel Abrams, Kim Wilde, Princess and When In Rome. Burgess was a member of Landscape, leading their traisition from jazz to electroninc music. Burgess also co-developed the first stand-alone drum machine and is an important curator of music today. We talk about all of that and more. The newest edition of Brgess’ book, The Art of Music Production: The Theory and Practice, will be released in September. Our conversation leads off Hour 2.
We also play classics from King, The Hoodoo Gurus, Laibach, When In Rome, The Stranglers, Flash & the Pan, Kate Bush and more.
Revenge of the 80s Radio also broadcasts each week on our affiliate radio stations:
- Q93.5FM â€“ WTBQ FM, Warwick, NY, US
- Rock 103 FM, Central Illinois
- Q107 FM, Peoria, Illinois
- Flashback Radio, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Central FM – 98.6 FM Gibraltar, Spain & 103.8 FM Calahonda, Spain
- Totally 80s â€“ 88.4 FM, Beindorm, Spain
- Surf FM â€“ 87.6 FM, Melbourne, AUS
- Radio 80s â€“ 87.6 FM, Korumburra, AUS
- Seymour FM â€“ 103.9 FM, Seymour, AUS
- Greater Home Radio – 96.7FM, Holbrook, New South Wales, AUS
- Indigo FM Radio Network â€“ 88.0 FM Beechworth, AUS; 88.0 FM Yackandandah, AUS; 87.6 FM, Corowa, AUS; 87.6 FM Rutherglen, AUS
- Elwood FM â€“ 89.1 FM, Melbourne, AUS
- Whaley Radio â€“ 107.4FM, High Points, UK
- WMAC Radio – 107.3FM, Manchester, UK
- 80s & More â€“ Internet Radio, U.K.
- Radio Vera – Limerick, Ireland