Simpsons animator unveils Indegogo campaign for 80s-based sitcom cartoon; our Dec 1-7 show podcast/synd edit is up
Written by admin on December 2, 2017
Our Dec. 1-7 show podcast/syndication edit is up.
This week, Emmy Award-winning lead animator from The Simpsons and Tourette’s Syndrome conqueror Chance Raspberry talks about his new project, which looks to be the Ultimate 80s Cartoon Sitcom: Little Billy. You can help make this a reality.
Little Billy is based on Chance’s own life growing up in the 80s with Tourette’s Syndrome, where he found solace in the decade’s cartoons, sitcoms, style and music much like Raspberry in real life, who became enamored with animation at the time:
“As the ‘Spazz,’ ‘Weirdo’ or ‘Strange Kid’ growing up in the 80s [while battling Tourette’s], the Dark Ages of Special Needs Awareness, animation was a healing force whether I was watching it, tracing it or drawing my own” – Chance Raspberry
While he has recruited some of the nation’s top artists from the likes of the original He-Man series, The Garbage Pail Kids and “Better Off Dead,” Chance is producing Little Billy on his own and has established an Indegogo crowdfunding campaign at www.littlebilly.com.
Also, as Billy will be the first title cartoon character with a neuro disorder and Little Billy is poised to lead the new charge of Neurodiversity on television, some of the proceeds from the Indegogo campaign will go to the Tourette’s Association of America.
Little Billy is filled with 80s nostalgia, music, imagination, wild adverntures and fun. Perhaps there is a bit of Billy in all of us. Please consider making a donation on Chance’s Indegogo campaign to help make it happen.
Enjoy the trailer below and find out more about Chance Raspberry and Billy’s adventures on this week’s Revenge of the 80s Radio and on the Little Billy Indegogo campaign page. Also, while you help make “Little Billy” a reality, you can choose from a number of cool Indegogo Perks from Chance ranging from prints, “Little Billy” items, shirts, show-specific items, sticker cards, cells and even a one-on-one animation lesson with Raspberry in person.
We also play a music block tribute to the late Tommy Keene and tracks from Book of Love, Interview, XTC, The Saints, The Clash, Stan Ridgway and more.
Revenge of the 80s Radio also broadcasts each week on our affiliate radio stations:
- Q93.5FM – WTBQ FM, Warwick, NY, US
- Rock 103 FM, Central Illinois
- Q107 FM, Peoria, Illinois
- The Big 80s Radio – Appleton, WI
- Flashback Radio, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Totally 80s – 88.4 FM, Beindorm, Spain
- Surf FM – 87.6 FM, Melbourne, AUS
- Radio 80s – 87.6 FM, Korumburra, AUS
- Seymour FM – 103.9 FM, Seymour, AUS
- Greater Home Radio – 96.7FM, Holbrook, New South Wales, AUS
- Indigo FM Radio Network – 88.0 FM Beechworth, AUS; 88.0 FM Yackandandah, AUS; 87.6 FM, Corowa, AUS; 87.6 FM Rutherglen, AUS
- Elwood FM – 89.1 FM, Melbourne, AUS
- Whaley Radio – 107.4FM, High Points, UK
- WMAC Radio – 107.3FM, Manchester, UK
- 80s & More – Internet Radio, U.K.
- Radio Vera – Limerick, Ireland
- TKO Replay – Internet Radio, U.K./Spain