Tonight’s Show (8/6/10): Andy Prieboy is Back
Written by admin on August 6, 2010
Click here to listen live between 7-9pm Eastern US Time You can also get the show from our flagship station website: www.wtbq.com. Check the bottom of this post for other affiliates’ dates and times.
Tonight on Revenge of the 80s, former Wall of Voodoo frontman Andy Prieboy is back to talk about his latest collection: Don’t Tell That Guy Anything. It is a selection of tracks Prieboy calls a sketchbook of shelved songs and experiments from past years that will also give listeners a perspective on what a songwriter/musician goes through for his craft. Our discussion takes place in the second hour of the show.
During our conversation, Andy and I will talk about:
- Some stories behind Don’t Tell That Guy Anything and other recently-released tracks
- How he made the transition from following the old school of the music business to being his own producer and editor
- Insights from Andy on musicians and their love for their art
- How a studio-recorded song can evolve into something different when played live several times
- and some new project we will be seeing from Andy soon.
This is Andy’s second appearance on the show. Clearly, we could do a whole radio documentary series delving into his mind as well as his music.
Hour 1 will feature classic alternative music from artists including Aneka, Kate Bush, Kirsty MacColl, INXS, and Doug and the Slugs.
Revenge of the 80s airs live on Friday nights 7-9ET on Q99.1FM in the Hudson Valley (www.wtbq.com); on Wednesdays 12noon Melbourne, AUS time on Radio 80s 87.6FM; Weekday mornings 7-9am AUS time on Seymour FM; Wednesday nights 6-8pm (Eastern US) and Saturdays 7-9pm on The Volt radio (Canada). Podcasts are available on Saturdays after the live show.