The podcast for this week’s Revenge of the 80s Radio show, featuring an interview with Will Powers, is up and available at the bottom of this post. Will is actually Lynn Goldsmith, the brilliant world-class photographer and director who brought us the album Dancing for Mental Health, which is currently available on CD Baby.
Goldsmith made state-of-the-art videos for three singles: “Adventures in Success,” “Smile,” and “Kissing With Confidence.” The latter was a U.K. chart hit featuring Carly Simon on lead vocals. We talk about Will Powers’ origins, evolution and the future of the Will Powers Institute. Goldsmith found the character to be a truly inspirational one for many as it took off on its own international Adventure in Success.
For the Will Powers project, Goldsmith had help from several friends in the music industry who wanted to be a part of it including Simon, Todd Rundgren, Nile Rodgers, Tom Bailey and Steve Winwood. Also, during the interview, Lynn Goldsmith and I talk about:Rocket Piano - Learn Piano Today! - Click Here!
- How she decided to present the Will Powers idea at a session in NYC
- The technology behind the Will Powers videos
- Will Powers philosophies and inspirational affirmations
- Why Goldsmith used a vocoder for the Will Powers voice instead of her natural one
- Plans for the future of Will Powers and the Will Powers Institute
- More on her photography and upcoming shows and exhibits includingr Lynn’s “Rock and Roll” exhibit at the Jenkins Johnson Gallery, in Manhattan October 2-November 25.
The interview with Will Powers kicks off the second hour of the show. We also feature music from several other artists including The Time Bandits, Kate Bush, Squeeze and Blancmange.
About the Author: This is Chris Cordani, host of the "Revenge of the 80s" Radio Show 709pm Fridays (premeireing on March 14th on Q99.1FM). This blog and the show are here so we can relive the decade where New Wave, thin ties and cheap sunglasses were king. The show is also simulcast on wtbq.com.