Punk legends Hugh Cornwell, Glen Matlock, kick off North America tour on 2/24
Written by admin on February 20, 2012
Two of punk rock’s early legends will begin a tour of North America on Friday, February 24th. Hugh Cornwell, original vocalist for The Stranglers and Glen Matlock, bassist for The Sex Pistols, will co-headline the concert series, which will run through March 17th.
Cornwell will be playing some of his acclaimed solo music and Stranglers classics; Matlock will perform tracks from his latest album, Born Running, and some new material. The lineup also includes Clem Burke (Blondie) and Steve Fishman, who will be playing with both Cornwell and Matlock.
The Western Hemisphere swing starts up in Tucson, Arizona at Club Congress and winds down in Los Angeles. The official tour dates are:
- Friday 24 Feb -* *Tucson, AZ Club Congress*
- Saturday 25 Feb -* *Phoenix, AZ Crescent Ballroom**
- Monday 27 Feb – Denver, CO 3 Kings Tavern
- Tuesday 28 Feb – Kansas City, MO Knuckleheads
- Wednesday 29 Feb – Des Moines, IA Gas Lamp
- Thursday 1 Mar – Chicago, IL Reggie’s
- Friday 2 Mar – Minneapolis, MN Nick & Eddie’s
- Saturday 3 Mar – Winnipeg, MB Pyramid Cabaret
- Tuesday 6 Mar – Edmonton, AB New City Legion*
- Wednesday 7 Mar – Calgary, AB Dickens Pub*
- Friday 9 Mar – Vancouver, BC Venue*
- Saturday Mar 10 Seattle, WA El Corazon*
- Sunday Mar 11 Portland, OR Star Theater*
- Monday Mar 12 Eugene, OR Luckey’s Club*
- Wednesday Mar 14 San Jose, CA Blank Club*
- Friday Mar 16 San Francisco, CA Red Devil*
- Saturday Mar 17 Los Angeles, CA Echoplex
Cornwell will soon release a new album, Totem & Taboo, which was financed through a pledgemusic.com campaign. Matlock has worked on various projects, both as a solo artist and with various bands, in recent years. He is also the bass player for the recently-reformed Faces.