The (English) Beat and The (Paul Collins) Beat to share stage on selected dates this fall
Written by admin on August 24, 2012
In a 2010 interview on Revenge of the 80s Radio, Collins joked about confusion on a date in Pittsburgh when the two Beats performed at venues practically across the street from each other. Now, the two will team up to play in major cities in the Eastern and Midwestern U.S.
Both bands are constantly playing live to full crowds around the world, with Wakeling’s crew performing classics and Collins having released The King of Power Pop in 2010. Both men are virtually synonymous with their selected genres of music: Wakeling’s ska and Collins’ power-pop. They each recorded major hits and have influenced musicians of their respective styles for decades.
The English Beat and Paul Collins Beat are scheduled to play 10 dates together:
- Oct 11 – The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
- Oct 12 – State Theatre, Falls Church, VA
- Oct 13 – The Center for Arts, Natick, MA
- Oct 14 – World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA
- Oct 16 – Bb Kings, New York, NY
- Oct 18 – Rapids Theatre, Niagara Falls, NY
- Oct 19 – The Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, Canada
- Oct 20 – Hard Rock CafÃ©, Detroit Detroit, MI
- Oct 23 – Space, Evanston, IL
- Oct 24 – Hard Rock CafÃ©, Pittsburgh, PA
- Oct 26 – Turner Hall Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
- Oct 27 – Mill City Nights, Minneapolis, MN
Ticket and tour information can be found here.
Collins is currently working on the upcoming Power-Pop-A-Licious II fest, slated for November 16th and 17th at Asbury Lanes in Asbury Park, NJ.