5/2 Show Podcast is Up: Featuring Jean MacColl and the Music of Kirsty MacColl
Written by admin on May 4, 2008
Our podcast for the 5/2/08 Revenge of the 80s Radio show is up. We talked with Jean MacColl, who wrote the book Sun On the Water about her daughter, singer/songwiter Kirsty MacColl.
Proceeds from sales of Sun On the Water will benefit the Justice for Kirsty campaign.
During the interview, we talked about:
- Kirsty’s music and how her upbringing in a musical family shaped her life
- A side of her life not many people knew about: that of a devoted mother and strong family-oriented person.
- Why Jean decided to write the book.
- The story surrounding Kirsty’s tragic death
- The Justice For Kirsty MacColl campaign
- …and the support the family still receives from Kirsty’s friends and fans.
Kirsty MacColl is best remembered in the U.S. for her duet with The Pogues “Fairytale of New York” in the 80s and her song from the cable TV show “Sex and the City,” “In These Shoes.” Kirsty MacColl is remembered by fans around the world for her songbird-like voice and forpenning several hit songs including “Terry,” “They Don’t Know” and “Days.”
To find out more about how to help the Justice For Kirsty campaign, go to their website.
Sun On the Water is available in bookstores online.