10 Reasons for 80s Fans to Go to Chiller Theatre Halloween 2009
Written by admin on October 15, 2009
A while back, I posted the breaking news that Louise Robey will be in person at this October’s Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, New Jersey to meet fans and sign autographs. While some listeners e-mailed in telling me they were going, I decided to compile my latest Top 10 list on why 80s fans will want to attend this year’s Halloween weekend Chiller event (Oct 30-Nov 1).
Here are the Top 10 Reasons 80s fans will not want to miss this year’s Chiller Theater Expo at the Parsippany HIlton this Halloween weekend:
- 10. Clayton Rohner, the guy who played the male lead in the movie Just One of the Guys will be there.
- 9. Catherine Mary Stewart will be there as well. She was in the classic Weekend At Bernie’s
- 8. There will be a Halloween Costume Contest. I am considering digging out my old Rik costume, but I might have to shave my beard. (odds are still 10-1 on this, I may not be able to fit in the Rik Costume – I have not worn it since 1989).
- 7. You can meet Stephen Bickerstaff, the brilliant Monster artist whose work decorated work from The Cramps.
- 6. They will not play any Celine Dion.
- 5. The REAL Bat Man lives quite close to the Parsippany Hilton and will spread the word on how important bats are to our environment.
- 4. Musical Guests include Franche Coma, the original guitarist for The Misfits.
- 3. There will be plenty of interesting Science Fiction memorabilia from the 80s (as well as decades before that)
- 2. It will be nice to see Howard Hesseman (WKRP in Cincinnati, Head of the Class) there.
- 1. If you have not figured out the top reason to go to Chiller Theatre in Halloween Weekend already: Louise Robey will be there as the new Friday the 13th – the Series Season 3 DVD was recently released a bit before her box set anthology is completed.
The last day to pre-order tickets is October 16th, but tickets will still be sold at the door according to the Chiller website, is only open to those who pre-ordered.
We will see you there…