Your Opinion: The Top 50 Cover Songs of the 80s?
Written by admin on October 21, 2009
While September and October have been busy months for me on several other projects, there will be more coming to Revenge of the 80s Radio and this blog very soon. While I will continue to post Top 10 lists, CD reviews and other features, I am in the midst of compiling a list of the Top 50 Cover songs of the 1980s. Unlike the Top 10s where I post the entire list, each song will have its own tribute.
You, as visitors to this site and listeners to Revenge of the 80s, are invited to offer your suggestions for the Top 50 Cover Songs fo the 80s List. You can either post your picks as a comment, e-mail them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to our Facebook page and leave a comment there.
As you may know, a Revenge of the 80s list is not entirely conventional as far as chart performance goes, our main criteria for the Top 50 cover songs of the 80s are (but not limited to):
- The quality of the performance
- The difficulty in playing and singing the music
- The band and/or singer’s ability to put their touch on the song, making it sound like one of their own
- The track’s significance in the history of the artist or band recording the cover
- The song’s importance within the genre of classic alternative music
- Popularity among listeners’ comments/input
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.